Self-identity is like bad fruit deciding it is good. The only way for one to become something they are not is through the redemptive power of Christ. He seeks to save the lost, even when they self-Identify as un-lost. If a zebra cannot change its stripes, nor a leopard its spots, why does mankind arrogantly exhibit and flaunt its failure to maintain what they know is a lie over truth? How can a person see a truth and claim it as a lie? At one time, our nation refused to allow this kind of behavior. But, something changed. The lies sounded more like truth, especially after hearing them over and over again. The lack of morality invades eve sector of our society.
This is interesting when one considers that the DSM-5 lists Gender Dysphoria a mental illness.
In order for someone to be diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria today, they must exhibit a strong and persistent cross-gender identification (not merely a desire for any perceived cultural advantages of being the other sex). In children, the disturbance is manifested by six (or more) of the following for at least a 6-month duration:
- repeatedly stated desire to be, or insistence that he or she is, the other sex
- in boys, preference for cross-dressing or simulating female attire; in girls, insistence on wearing only stereotypical masculine clothing
- strong and persistent preferences for cross-sex roles in make-believe play or persistent fantasies of being the other sex
- a strong rejection of typical toys/games typically played by one’s sex.
- intense desire to participate in the stereotypical games and pastimes of the other sex
- strong preference for playmates of the other sex
- a strong dislike of one’s sexual anatomy
- a strong desire for the primary (e.g., penis, vagina) or secondary (e.g., menstruation) sex characteristics of the other gender (DSM-5).
Further, the self-identity mindset can only work as long as all of mankind accepts it. In America, only .03% self-identify as transgender and only 3.5% of adults in the United States identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual (Gates, 2011). This means that of the 323,756,069 (Worldmeters, 2016). 97,127 identify as transgender and only 11,331,462 consider themselves LGB. How can such a small fraction of the United States population have such a hold over an entire nation? This is all done in the name of political correctness.
According to the American Heritage Dictionary (2011), political correctness is defined as, the conforming to a particular sociopolitical ideology or point of view, especially to a liberal point of view concerned with promoting tolerance and avoiding offense in matters of race, class, gender, and sexual orientation. The liberal point of view has prevailed, especially in the past 8 years of a democratic president, the segment of society that does not hold to a politically correct mindset has endured a lack of tolerance and strong offensive attacks that have eroded the very principles and fabric this nation was founded on. It is important to understand that the liberal mindset sees their point of view as the only point of view. Any resistance to it is a violation of their civil rights.
To Be Continued